Class 3 Delivery Driver:
Job Description: This position has the primary function of driving the company vehicle and delivering product and picking up product in a safe and efficient manner while ensuring that exceptional customer service is achieved along the way. This position is also responsible for ensuring that all merchandise and work areas are maintained in a clean and safe manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
• Abide by and adhere to all tasks and procedures outlined in the company manual and any other distributed documents.
• Comply with all health and safety regulations and wearing appropriate personal protective equipment as required.
• Report for work as scheduled wearing the appropriate clothing and logoed corporate attire.
• Drive company vehicle following all safety procedures and rules of the road.
• Loading product and delivering it to correct location and ensuring customer satisfaction.
• Delivering product between store locations.
• Picking up product and/or supplies as required.
• Assisting customers to load their vehicles at the door.
• Clean-up work area/vehicle daily, ensuring site is kept tidy and safe at all times.
• Perform any other tasks as assigned by supervisors.
Tools & Equipment
Company specified tools for this position include but are not limited to:
• Measuring tape
• Pallet jack
• Completion of High School or equivalent.
• Certifications in WHMIS and First Aid would be considered an asset.
• Strong technical knowledge in carpentry/construction products and processes; application of products and processes; math skills; occupational health and safety.
• Previous experience driving cube vans/larger delivery vehicles would be considered an asset.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English both verbally and in writing.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to be self-motivated.
• Strong organizational skills and must be detail oriented and flexible.
• Ability to work as part of a team and be a team player.
• Ability to lift 50 – 75 pounds on a repetitive basis.
• Ability to provide clean drivers abstract and criminal records background check.
This position makes decisions only within the scope of the job description and/or specific instructions from their supervisors. This position is accountable for the decisions he/she makes.
This position deals with customers, co-workers, suppliers on a regular basis and must be able to maintain a professional and business-like attitude at all times.
This position works both inside and outside and must monitor and adhere to various safety guidelines. This position must have the flexibility to stand, sit, walk, climb, twist or bend as required and must be able to lift 50 to 75 pounds on a repetitive basis. This position has some exposure to dust, dirt, fumes, heat, cold, noise, and inclement weather. This position requires visual concentration to complete daily tasks. This position requires good hearing to listen for unusual sounds in equipment and site management.
This position has financial responsibility by the way of being bonded to transport various amounts of funds from stores to Head Office from deliveries when needed.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
Email Your Application to:HR@HAPPYHARRY.COM