Carefully Read all of the Instructions and the warranty information on wall board products before preparing and installing the product.
Installation of these panels should be the last step in the construction or renovation process.
- To guarantee the best installation possible, the installer must make sure that the room in which the wood finishing product will be installed is kept under ideal conditions.
- One full week prior to instalation, the room has to be warmed up to 22 degrees Celsius, continuously, in order to stabilize the temperature and humidity level. A few days before the installation, the humidity level of the room has to be stable between 35% and 45%.
- The panels must be stored in the same room for a minimum of 72 hours before putting them on the wall. This period helps the acclimatization of the panels with the environment.
Tools and material check list:
- Air humidity control for air and wood
- Measuring tape
- Pneumatic finishing hammer
- Finishing nails
- Double-sided adhesive
- Bench saw
- Broom or Vacuum cleaner
- Repair pen
- Chalk line
- Angle saw
- Rotozip (or a similar tool)
- Screw driver
Regular maintenance of the tools will ensure higher quality of the installation. During the installation always wear the necessary protective equipment to avoid injury.
Preperation of the walls
- Remove any residues of glue, nails or products, on the old walls that could affect the installation.
- Level out the installation zone by evening out all protrusions.
- Once the inspection rectifications are completed, the surface of the walls should be flat and smooth.
- Please note that a wooden panel will not correct any visible, pronounced imperfections. It is imperative to ensure that the wall is in perfect condition before starting the installation of a wood paneling.
Starting the project
Before starting the project make sure that you have good natural lighting.
When installing, it is crucial that the first installation line is levelled. You must also verify beforehand whether the installation of mouldings and contours is required. If this is the case you must anticipate proper spacing out. It is recommended to take the necessary measurements so that the panels cut lengthwise are perfectly coordinated with the starting line.
Choosing the panels:
The selection of the panels ensures the layout of the final result. It is the ideal time to coordinate the color variations in the wood essence. It will help you visualize your wall.
Please note that the 5% ration of acceptable imperfection on wood panelling does not include the necessary rejects caused by the installation itself.
Remove all glue residure, nails and other elements that could impair the installation. Do not forget to fill holes and ensure that the installation surface is even. If the installation is performed on a plywood or OSB, it is recommended to seal the wall with a primer. For a concrete wall or other surface, contact your dealer.
Make sure that the base of your wall rests solidly against the ground or a moulding. You can also find an L-shaped finishing moulding at your retailer and secure it with nails.
We recommend that you tape your finished wall using Double-sided adhesive. Roll out a first column of tape from bottom to top and leave the liner on the exposed side. Place it roughly 6 inches (15 cm) inside the installation surface. Repeat acros the surface, leaving a maximum of 16 inches (40 cm) between adhesive tape columns. Add on last column 6 inches (15 cm) from the edge.
Remove enough liner from the adhesive tape to install your first plank. Press on well to ensure proper adhesion and make sure the plank is perfectly straight using a spirit level. Repeat until the first row reaches the edge of installation surface. Use the cut plank to start your next row.
Start your next row using the plank cut from the previous, and repeat for each row of planks. Offset each row so the joints at the ends of planks are not lined up row to row. Repeat until you have finished installing your wall.